Initial treatment For Infestations:
- Add 20 drops of Lice Off™ to a half cup of unscented or mildly scented conditioner.
- Mix well and apply liberally to the hair and scalp, taking care to massage down to the base of the hair shafts. The combination of conditioner and Lice Off!™ should stun any live lice clinging to hair shafts, causing them to let go and curl up into a defensive ball for protection.
- Straighten any tangles with a wide-toothed comb, then thoroughly comb through all the hair and across the entire scalp with a high-quality stainless-steel nit comb. Wipe excess conditioner containing lice and eggs onto a paper towel or toilet paper and dispose of appropriately.
- Wash and rinse combs thoroughly with hot soapy water and disinfect with isopropyl alcohol. Repeat if necessary.
- Add 15-20 drops of Lice Off™ per ounce to a mildly scented or unscented shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo out the excess conditioner and re-condition as usual.
- Add 15-20 drops of Lice Off™ per ounce to a mildly scented or unscented shampoo and conditioner and shampoo and condition as usual. Use daily to avoid future head lice infestations.
- Add 5-10 drops of Lice Off™ per ounce of water to a spray bottle to use in-between hair washings if you usually go longer than one day between washings. Spray liberally on hair and scalp, especially behind the ears and the base of the neck at the hairline, taking care to not spray directly into the eyes. A thorough combing with a high-quality nit comb at this time should enable an easy capture of any live lice or eggs.